COVID-19 Dues Assistance Grant Program
The grant program is back! (Updated: February 2021)
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to have an enormous effect on individuals and families around the world. The New England and Bermuda District recognizes that members may be facing several challenges related to the pandemic, including but not limited to: financial hardship, health complications, changes in work status, and childcare changes.
Our district values our members and the positive impact on the communities in which they live. We would like to support you through a special one-time COVID-19 Dues Assistance Grant Program. The application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until 9/30/2021. Applications will be reviewed monthly.
This grant program is funded by the district, who have contributed $5,000 towards this initiative.
If you or a member of your club are experiencing financial hardship that would inhibit continuing your Kiwanis membership for the 2020-2021 Kiwanis year, we encourage you to submit an application to apply for a one-time partial or full dues grant.
Who is eligible to apply?
All current New England and Bermuda Kiwanis members are eligible to apply.
How do I apply?
Fill out the application online here: https://forms.gle/uyJ4WPz1JHJKoZ996
How much can I apply for?
You can apply for the total amount of Kiwanis International and District Dues ($102) or a portion of that amount.
What is the timeline?
- Complete the application
- Applications will be reviewed at the end of the month
- As soon as they are reviewed, the applicant will be notified and a check will be mailed by District treasurer directly to your club treasurer
What is the process after I apply?
Our district has appointed a committee consisting of 3 past district officers plus Governor Denis Murphy who will review all applications. There will be a procedure to remove any personally identifying information by the committee chair prior to committee review. The committee members will review application responses and award grants as funding permits. The only members who will have access to personal information are Grant chair Elyse Denorfia and District Treasurer Bill Jenkins who will send checks directly to your club’s treasurer. Elyse will send communication to inform you of the decision that has been made.
Annual Dues Breakdown:
|Directors & Officers Insurance||4.00|
|International and District Total||102.00|
|Club Dues||Check your bylaws|
|Grand Total||Differs by club|
Here are some tips and ways to consider helping your club members pay dues:
- $17 Liability and Directors and Officers Insurance can be paid using your club’s service account.
- $8 Kiwanis Magazine could be paid using the club’s administrative account.
- If your club has a healthy administrative account? If so, you could consider not charging club dues this year. You can also consider charging dues monthly or quarterly instead of all at once.
- The club can use payment applications such as PayPal, Venmo or Square to provide the option to members to use a credit card and pay their dues off slowly.
The New England and Bermuda District extends deepest gratitude to the Pennsylvania District for providing their grant information and for their support to create this process.