COVID-19 Dues Assistance Grant Program
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to have an enormous effect on individuals and families around the world. The New England and Bermuda District recognizes that members may be facing several challenges related to the pandemic, including but not limited to: financial hardship, health complications, changes in work status, and childcare changes.
Our district values our members and the positive impact on the communities in which they live. We would like to support you through a special one-time COVID-19 Dues Assistance Grant Program. The application will be due by October 1, 2020.
This grant program is funded in part by the district, who has contributed $3,000 towards this initiative; all other money will be raised.
If you or a member of your club are experiencing financial hardship that would inhibit continuing your Kiwanis membership for the 2020-2021 Kiwanis year, we encourage you to submit an application to apply for a one-time partial or full dues grant.
Who is eligible to apply?
All current New England and Bermuda Kiwanis members are eligible to apply.
How do I apply?
Fill out the application here: https://forms.gle/uyJ4WPz1JHJKoZ996
How much can I apply for?
You can apply for the total amount of Kiwanis International and District Dues ($102) or a portion of that amount.
What is the timeline?
- October 1, 2020: applications are due
- by October 8, 2020 or earlier: notifications will be made to recipients (Rationale: Club Secretaries can remove someone from the member roster by 10/10/2020 without being charged by Kiwanis International. We hope this does not need to happen, but this enables the member to choose to not renew their membership in the event that they do not receive a grant.)
- Checks mailed to club treasurers by the end of October.
What is the process after I apply?
Our district has appointed a committee consisting of 3 past district officers plus Governor Denis Murphy who will review all applications. There will be a procedure to remove any personally identifying information by the committee chair prior to committee review. The committee members will review application responses and award grants as funding permits. The only members who will have access to personal information are Grant chair Elyse Denorfia and District Treasurer Bill Jenkins who will send checks directly to your club’s treasurer. Elyse will send communication to inform you of the decision that has been made.
How can I donate to support other Kiwanians in need?
Donations are accepted via check (mail to: New England & Bermuda District of Kiwanis, 1 Harpers Hollow, East Sandwich, MA, 02537-1506; Please put “COVID grant” in memo line), Paypal (email@example.com) or using the form below.
Annual Dues Breakdown:
|Directors & Officers Insurance||4.00|
|International and District Total||102.00|
|Club Dues||Check your bylaws|
|Grand Total||Differs by club|
Here are some tips and ways to consider helping your club members pay dues:
- $17 Liability and Directors and Officers Insurance can be paid using your club’s service account.
- $8 Kiwanis Magazine could be paid using the club’s administrative account.
- If your club has a healthy administrative account? If so, you could consider not charging club dues this year. You can also consider charging dues monthly or quarterly instead of all at once.
- The club can use payment applications such as PayPal, Venmo or Square to provide the option to members to use a credit card and pay their dues off slowly.
The New England and Bermuda District extends deepest gratitude to the Pennsylvania District for providing their grant information and for their support to create this process.